If you are not familiar with your exercise habits, starting slowly and increasing your intensity and time is also a good idea to prevent injury.
Inadequate diet and lack of exercise are the biggest enemies of abdominal fat. If you can’t keep either of these two, getting the body you want and getting rid of your belly will be almost impossible.
Fortunately, you don’t have to go to the gym every day or follow a very restrictive diet to get good results. If you can have a balanced diet and specific workouts at home, you’ll be able to get the shape you want.
The following abdominal core (upper, lower, lateral) exercises will help you achieve your goals!
The “plank” that can be easily done uses the whole body muscles, especially the abdominal muscles.
Plank is an endurance exercise and will test our balance, concentration and strength.
How to do Plank.
- Lie face down on a yoga mat, then support your weight with your forearms and toes.
- Your buttocks should be slightly lifted and your back and neck should be straight.
- Maintain this posture for 15 to 20 seconds, then rest.
- This exercise has three sets.
2. Abdominal Curl:
Abdominal curls are a great way to exercise your abdominal muscles. This is because you are focusing only on the abdomen because you are losing power on your legs.
How to do Abdominal Curl.
- Lie on a bench or other high flat surface with your hands behind your head.
- The legs are firmly attached to the floor and the upper half of the upper body is lifted while contracting the abdominal muscles.
- Slowly lower your upper body and return to the initial position. This operation is repeated 12 times.
- Repeat at least 3 sets.
3. Leg Curl:
This leg exercise is very effective if you want to exercise more resistance or burn fat in your abdomen and thin your legs.
It is recommended to use a high chair or other object to focus only on the abdomen and legs.
How to do Leg Curl.
- Sit on the edge of the chair, lean back slightly and straighten your legs.
- Bend your knees and lift your legs toward your stomach.
- During this exercise, your muscles will continue to contract. This operation is repeated 8 to 10 times.
- Repeat 3 sets.
4. Leg Lift:
There are numerous ways to do leg raises in your workout routine. However, it is recommended to do it in a specific position here. This pose we introduce is because it uses not only the abdomen, but also the thigh and hip muscles.
How to do Leg Lift.
- Lie on your exercise mat with your arms extended to the side and palms facing the floor.
- Lift your legs straight, without bending your knees.
- Raise as much as you can and slowly return to your original posture.
- This operation is repeated three sets of 10 times.
5. Cross Crunch:
Cross crunch is a workout that targets the abdomen, reducing fat stored near the waist.
Regular exercise can burn fat in your abdomen and keep your muscles strong.
How to do Cross Crunch.
- Lying on a yoga mat, put your hands behind your head and straighten your legs.
- Bend your right knee while lifting your back so that your left elbow touches your knee.
- After returning to the initial posture, do the same on the other side.
- Keep your belly muscles strong throughout the workout. Repeat 3 sets of 15 times on each side.
6. Toe Touch:
When extending your hand towards your toes, it’s a good idea to give your abdominal muscles a contraction while bending your back.
Instead of doing this exercise the traditional way, it is recommended to lie down to increase strength.
How to do Toe Touch.
- Lie on your back, spread your legs to the ceiling, and stretch your arms so your shoulders are slightly off the ground.
- Try to touch your feet with your fingers without straining your belly muscles.
- Maintain this position for 10-15 seconds, then rest.
- Repeat 3 times.
7. Lateral Dumbbell:
As an end to a simple abdominal exercise routine, let’s do an oblique exercise with a light dumbbell in both hands.
How to do Lateral Dumbbell.
- Stand with your feet slightly apart, straighten your back, then hold a dumbbell in each hand.
- Tilt your body as far as possible to the right without bending your knees.
- When you return to your initial posture, this time, tilt to the left as much as possible.
- Repeat 3 sets of 10 times in each direction.
You can do this simple exercise anywhere in your home without spending a lot of money or time.
Why not try this exercise every day? It’s even better to have a healthy diet. Soon you will feel the change!
Keep Exercising! Stay Healthy & Fit…! 🙂